Well, yesterday was the day. I went for my bone density test. Before I tell you how it went and any results, let me back up to last week and fill you in...
I called my OBGYN's office last week to ask if they performed the test. The girl I spoke with (don't remember her name, but I'll call her Ditzy for the sake of the story) told me that they sent all their patients to DMIA for those tests. Ditzy told me just to call DMIA and schedule an appointment. I asked Ditzy, "do I need a doctor's referral before I go?" Ditzy said, "oh no, just call them. Here's the number."
So I called DMIA. The girl I spoke with asked if I had an order from the doctor. I said "no, the girl told me I didn't need one." She then asked who my doctor was. I told her. She said, "well!, they know better than that! We can go on and schedule the appointment, but call their office back and aske them to fax over an order from the doctor." So I scheduled my appointment for 4pm on the 26th.
I called my doctor's office back, spoke with Ditzy again and told her that DMIA did need an order from the doctor. "Oh, no problem", replied Ditzy, "Which doctor do you see?" I told her. "I'll fax it over right now. Oh wait!, I guess I need your name." Well duh!!, so I told her, and I spelled it out for her.
I left work at 3pm yesterday, went home, changed clothes, grabbed the husband and we went over to DMIA in Dupont. I arrived at 3:55 and filled out my paperwork. A few minutes later, the girl behind the desk asked me if I had my doctor's order with me. Um, no, they were supposed to fax it over to you. Well, sometimes faxes get lost or whatever. So she called the doctor's office to have them fax it over again.
Well guess what!... my doctors office had no record of a work-order in my file and they knew nothing about it. Well of course not. Now the dox office wanted to know why I was there and wanting a bone-density test in the first place. The receptionist handed me the phone and I went through the whole conversation again with my OBGYN's office, then handed the phone back to her. After she hung up, she said they were waiting for my doctor to finish up with a patient and then they'd fax one over.
The technician went on and called me back, had me disrobe and put on one of those ridiculous gowns that leaves one exposed for all the world behind us to see. She said we still had to wait for the doc's orders, but at least we'd be that much prepared for when the fax came through. After 45 minutes and countless phone calls to the doc's office, still nothing. DMIA finally said, "sorry, there's nothing we can do and we don't want to keep making you wait. We'll have to reschedule." Nice. I'm fuming mad by now. Not at DMIA, but at Ditzy, or whatever her real name was. So I left without ever having the test.
I've been mentally preparing the invoice I'm going to be sending my doc's office to reimburse me for my time off from work, my time I spend sitting at DMIA, and my mileage driving over there for no apparent reason.
I called the doc's office first thing this morning, spoke with J.T. (am making sure I take names this time!!). Now my appt. has been rescheduled for the 10th, and not only does DMIA have a copy of the order, I had her fax a copy to me as well.
So that's how my bone density test went.
Hurry up and wait.
1 comment:
That stinks. You need to tell the doctor, seriously, if you have Ditzy's real name. People like that could cost him customers - um I mean patients or at least, your patience.
Post a Comment