Friday, June 09, 2006

Hate when that happens!

I had to make a run to the Wally-world here in LaGrange this afternoon, to purchase clothing for a deceased inmate. Just one more perk of being a felon... you get to be buried at the state's expense (if your family doesn't claim you), and you get a new set of clothing, compliments of the funeral home.
Anyway... as I was leaving Wal-mart, waiting to turn onto Hwy 53, I saw there was a little fender-bender up ahead. One can only guess what actually transpired, but this is how I envision it unfolding:

Miss Taurus: the light is changing, I'd better floor it if I'm going to make this light.
Mr. Jaguar: yak-yak-yak, blah-blah-blah (talking into his cellphone)
Miss Taurus: Whew!, I just made it. Must come to a quick halt, so I don't rear end the traffic that's stopped in front of me.
Mr. Jaguar: yak-yak-yak, BLAM!

As I said, I don't really know what happened, other than it was obvious that the man driving the Jag rear-ended the woman in the taurus.
But I wouldn't be surprised if a cell phone was involved, somewhere, somehow.

No comments: