I stopped by the Plainview Drycleaners in LaGrange this morning, to see if my shrunken pants had been stretched out to their former size & shape.
They hadn't. Well, somewhat they had, but not really.
I went in the back and tried on the pants. I was at least able to get them zipped up this time, but they were a very snug fit. And I do mean snug. Not snug in the way that it was cutting off circulation and that it restricted my breathing, but snug in that they fit like a glove around my belly, butt and upper thighs, accentuating every roll of chub, and especially my Kelsey cakes (& no, I'm not referring to my dog). The crotch of the pants fit very snug against my own privates. Had they been any snugger I'd been sporting a camel-toe. The length still gave the impression of expecting a flood.
I walked out of the restroom and showed the clerk. Does this look normal to you? Do you really think I would wear pants that look like this on me?
I put my cream-colored slacks back on and said, "before they shrunk, the black pants fit me exactly like these pants do."
She told me she'd been in the business for 15 years and had only seen something shrink like that on one other occassion. A woman's sweater had been shrunk so bad it wouldn't have fit a child.
Then her next question threw me for a loop. "Did you by chance buy these pants at Kohls?"
"Well, yes, I probably did."
"That's where that woman had bought her sweater at. She finally ended up taking it back to the store."
Hmmm...
"Well, yeah, I've had a lot of problems with shrinking clothes from Kohls before, but those were always things I've washed, never my dry-cleaning. And I've had these pants cleaned before without any problem."
So she took the pants from me and was going to turn the issue over to her manager.
And I'm going to call Kohls to see what they suggest.
2 comments:
Oh no, not a camel toe!
Yeah, guess that should've read: camel toe, not lips. Guess I'll go edit that.
Post a Comment