I read a novel over the weekend, in record time. Once I picked it up, I could hardly put it down.
I highly recommend it to anyone & everyone. With every page I read, I either laughed out loud, cried tears of sorrow, or both!
I had read about 1/3 of the book as of saturday evening, but after returning from a cook-out, I plopped down in the recliner, and there I stayed until 2:40 a.m. on sunday. I was on a roll and couldn't stop. Well that, plus I had Olivia laying on top of me in the recliner, so I literally could not get up. Also, since I was pinned to the chair, I was unable to get up and get a tissue or handkerchief, and was forced to use my nightshirt to blot away the tears and runny nose. Needless to say, I needed a clean shirt before going to bed.
So what is this fabulous book you ask?
It's written by John Grogan, and is titled: "Marley & Me"
Marley is his very large yellow Lab.
You don't have to be a dog-lover to enjoy this book. But since I am one, I fully identified with many of the events that happened in the book.
It's a very clean book, no profanity that I noticed, so it's clean reading for kids too.
1 comment:
I'll have to tell my mom. We both love books and dogs.
Post a Comment