
I need help (in more ways than one), but for now, I'll settle for anybody's help in identifying the landmark in this photo.
It was taken in Aug. of 1991, from a viewpoint somewhere in either Pulaski or Whitley counties (south of Somerset). The vantage point is slightly southwest of the Cumberland Falls.
I don't know if this is the Natural Bridge in Slade, KY, or what. I've never actually been there. And, the pix I've looked up on the 'net all have the appearance of it having a squarish opening under the bridge, this one is obviously round. My vantage point when taking the picture could easily have been a few miles away, but the technology of "zoom" made it appear much closer.
So does anybody have any suggestions???
5 comments:
I think I found it. Here is a link http://ustravels.freeservers.com/images/kentucky%20arch.JPG
What do you think??
Here is another link of the same bridge for your viewing pleasure, but in winter. It is in McCreary county Kentucky:) I wonder if this is youmytery landmark?????
http://www.ket.org/kentuckylife/200s/kylife208arch.gif
:p
Oops!!!
Typos.... darn them dang things,Grrrrr!Dag nabbit!(She says with best Kentucky hillbilly twang.)
:)
It should read...
"your mystery landmark??"
I'm fairly certain that it is Natural Bridge. Beautiful place to go hiking, btw, and not too far away.
My goodness Skooter, you certainly made it your mission to find this out!, so what's it called?
Your pix, 'specially the 1st one do look like it.
Post a Comment