Monday, January 25, 2010

5 minutes

Picked Bootsy up from the vet Friday afternoon. I'm $344 poorer for the experience.
I got her home, took her in the house, took off the leash and then rushed to take the other two dogs out to potty real quick.
By the time I got them done and I'd gotten my shoes kicked off, she'd already started chewing at the stitches. GRRRR!!!
A bright red bloody area was showing, so I got the muzzle on her pronto. Fortunately, I think I got to her before any real damage was done, but it looked ugly at the moment. The poor dog has had the muzzle on almost non-stop since then, only taking it off of her long enough to eat her meals, take her outside, and allow her a drink of water every so often. I hate doing that to her, but until the stitches come out (another 10 days), that will be her life. I did take it off of her a few times, just for a few minutes to give her a break from wearing it, but seriously, every time I did, within a couple of minutes she would turn her attention to the stitches. She makes me crazy at times!!
Fortunately, John is off work today and foregoing his usual plans of spending it with his dad/sister, and is staying home to keep an eye on her. The rest of the week, she's coming to work with me. I just hope she does better than Eliott did a couple of summers ago when I brought him in for bring-your-pet-to-work-day. He did great 'til it was time to go home, then he freaked out and wouldn't go down the stairs. I had to have John drive all the way to LaGrange and half carry/half drag him half way down the staircase and then toss him the rest of the way. At least if Bootsy freaks out over going down them, she's light enough I think I could drag her without calling for John's help. We'll see what happens.

2 comments:

Green-Eyed Momster said...

I'm hoping for a speedy recovery.

Hugs!!

Junosmom said...

Poor Bootsy!