Friday, January 29, 2010

Weekend preview & misc. stuff

*My husband turns 50 years old tomorrow. He can now join AARP and get senior citizen discounts at certain places.

*The weathermen have fluctuated back and forth all week over the predictions for snow in our area. Depending on who you listen to and where you live along I-65, we will get between a dusting and 12". The dusting we got earlier in the week wreaked havoc on morning commuters. I know I'm in the minority here, but personally, I'm hoping for a foot or more of snow, if for no other reason then it will hopefully cancel my m-i-l's plans to come to town for hubby's birthday.

*The new assistant I have at work, thus far, is working out very well.
Of course I'm referring to my elder child, Bootsy. This is day four of her accompanying me, and thus far, she's only barked once... when an off-duty employee came upstairs talking at the top of his lungs and scared her. Aside from that, she's behaved very well, not torn anything up, had no accidents, and unlike her brother, doesn't freak out about going down the staircase.
Honestly, I think once her stitches are out next Friday, her little heart is going to break when she no longer gets to accompany me to work.
Yesterday, as soon as she saw me pick up my coat, she jumped up from the chair she was lying in and ran to the front door, ready to go.
This morning, I wasn't even ready to leave, and she was sitting by the front door waiting. Yep, I think she likes being my carpool buddy/office assistant. ;)

3 comments:

Joanna Jenkins said...

HAPPY 50TH BIRTHDAY TO YOU HUSBAND!!! I hope it's a grand day for him and a very snowy day for you ;-)

Hope fun that you get to take your dog to work with you. Maybe they'll let you keep doing it even after Bootsy's stitches are out. That would be cool.

Safe travels in the snow!
jj

Green-Eyed Momster said...

Happy Birthday to your hubby! Are you going to have a big party to celebrate?
I hope Bootsy is 100% real soon.

Hugs!!

Junosmom said...

That's the kind of assistant I like - one that can't talk!