Monday, January 11, 2010

Praise

I believe I sung the praises of Ken Towery once before a few months ago.
I'm getting ready to do it again.
My car was due for an oil change back in November, but I've been holding off.
A new K.T. was being built about a mile and a half from our house, easily within walking distance of home if I didn't want to sit around in their waiting area, so I've been patiently waiting for them to open. It was beginning t0 seem as if it would never happen.
Then, this past Friday night as I was coming home from the chiropractor, I noticed there were lights on at K.T. and cars in the bays. They were open!! Hallelujah!! I knew what I was going to do Saturday morning.
I arrived shortly before 8am and was asked if I had an appointment. I didn't. I was then informed that they were pretty much already booked up for the day, but if wanted to leave my car, then they might be able to work it in later in the day. Nope, I didn't want to walk back home in the frigid 17-degree weather across icy sidewalks. The clerk informed me that Monday was filling up fast as well, and I paused a moment to debate whether or not I should make the appointment for then and have John bring my car up, or just shoot for next Saturday. While trying to make up my mind, I asked if I could at least get new wiper blades while I was there. He hesitated, told me to hold on a moment, stepped out into the bay area, came back in and told me he'd work me in. He said "a lot of the people that had made appointments had said they'd be in early". He didn't elaborate, but I'm guessing that some of them hadn't shown up yet, so instead of having his mechanics standing around doing nothing waiting on them, he could have them working. I was in and out in an hours time.
While I was waiting, I called the husband and asked if his vehicle needed any service, for if it did, I would go on and make an appointment for Monday. He declined, stating it hadn't been that long since it had last been serviced.
This morning he called me and informed me that he should've taken me up on my offer, because when he went out this morning, one of his tires was nearly flat.
**sigh**
Today is Ken Towery's grand opening and I know they'll be packed. Since it's a bit more of an urgent matter than an oil change, hopefully they'll be able to work him in too. If nothing else, perhaps the location we used to go to can work him in.
One last remark...
The chairs in the waiting room of the new K.T. are so much more comfortable than the horrible ones at the other place. :)

No comments: