Dogs are so forgiving though. She seemed to forget all about having been starved this morning and was so very excited when I put the leash on her and took her out to the car with me. She loves to go for a ride in the car, yet by the time I had parked at the vet's office, she knew something was up. Normally she's standing at the door, waiting to push her way out, but not this morning. Instead, she was lying quietly, didn't even stand up when I opened the door. I had to reach in and put the leash on her. I felt like a louse leading her to the kennel, and even worse shutting the door on her and leaving her there. I hope she forgives me. I did get one of her famous Bootsy hugs before I left, 'though I think that made it even harder on me.
This is how she looked on Sunday. Even though she looks surprisingly calm in the photo, she was actually shaking in her boots (pun intended).
This is the growth on her hind leg that she keeps chewing on.
I didn't get a picture of the front leg, as there really isn't much to see (unless it's bleeding).
Update...
I called the vet's office about 1:30 to check on my girl. Was informed she was doing just fine.
I know the hard part will come in a few days, when her attention will turn towards the stitches.



4 comments:
Hope all went well this weekend.
Oops, that was Cathy.
Oh gosh, Pita, I hope she's all better.
Poor, Bootsy!
Big hugs for you both!
Well, it wasn't the greatest of weekends (For Bootsy at least). Already blogged about her situation.
Post a Comment