Monday, January 04, 2010

Doggy-Style!!

I managed to drag John out to the flea market this past weekend. Honestly, I'd just as soon he stayed home as he whined most of the time and when he wasn't whining, he was begging for boy-toys. I had to treat him like the 12 year old he was acting and remind him his birthday was coming up at the end of the month and if he was good, he just might get a new toy at that time.
Anyway...
There was a booth that was selling pet related items and they had a big rack of doggy clothing. I really didn't hold out much hope of finding anything that would fit one of my great beasts, as nothing I've bought in the past ever fits, but I had nothing but time on my hands, so I dug through the boxes of winter coats. I found an XXL that said it was large enough for a Great Dane. I was somewhat skeptical, but for $6.00 I was willing to take a chance. I wasn't crazy about the print-pattern, but again, for $6.00, I would suck it up.
At home, I removed it from the package, unfastened it, wrestled it onto Olivia and took her for a walk. I'm delighted to say that it fits her pretty well. Probably could stand for it to be a couple of inches longer to completely cover her back, but all in all, it fits nicely. I'm wishing now I'd bought a couple of others for the Bootsy and Eliott (he's in touch with his feminine side and would have no problems wearing pink). Olivia now stands patiently whenever I put her coat on her.
Without further ado, I give you the latest in doggy fashion, modeled by Olivia!



Yes, pink camouflage. Various shades of pink with a hint of brown. :(











2 comments:

Junosmom said...

I once made Juno one. It was very nice. She had it off in two minutes.

pita-woman said...

I think the only thing Liv dislikes about her coat is when I take it off. It always creates a static shock when I pull it over her head.