Once upon a time, I used to be able to access the website for the stables where I take riding lessons. But for the past few weeks, I've been unable to access it. At first, I thought the site was down, but the riding instructor wasn't aware of any problems.
Then I found out that the site was blocked by my company, not at the location level, but at the corporate level, for questionable and possibly offensive content.
Huh??
What could possibly be offensive about a local riding stable that shows pix of some of the horses and mentions some of their accomplishments. Perhaps it's because the horses don't have any clothes on? The riders however are clothed.
The only thing I can come up with that MIGHT be considered questionably offensive is the owner/instructors last name: Dickey
So does this mean that any site I visit that mentions anyone with the name DICK would be offensive? Would Dick Clark's website be considered offensive? That man is about as American-Applepie-squeaky-clean as you can get!
Okay, so IF that's what is making that site offensive, and I'm not saying that it is, but IF...
Then why are so many of the blogs I visit considered okay? Between the pictures, language and content, some should be rated X at times.
If my company is going to ban the riding stables for being run by Dickey, then why not block my friend Gem's site for having P.E.N.I.S. on it. People Encouraging Niceness In Society
Sorry Gem, I don't want you blocked, I'm just saying, "who is to say what is offensive?"
My company has a warped sense of what's offensive.
3 comments:
I seriously laughed out loud at this! Oh dear Pita, I have to leave a link to a post I read yesterday. Forgive me.
Don't ask me what offensive is because I don't know. This is the kind of stuff I read about though. Check out the comments. OMG!
Hugs!!
http://sydneydidit.blogspot.com/2010/01/in-which-she-demonstrates-o-face-of.html
Copy and paste. I couldn't get the link to work. Sorry!
Hugs!!
Your company filters websites? I guess through work?
Post a Comment